January 14, 2008

Administrative Announcements: Thank You (and Welcome!) Oklahoma City

A few days ago I wrote about Oklahoma City's Million Challenge.

In the posting, I commended Mayor Mick Cornett and his team for coming up with this health initiative, which aims to have Oklahoma City citizens lose a collective million pounds in 2008.

I also expressed some disappointment at the "diet and nutrition resources" page which, as of last week, mostly had links to weight-loss companies.

Although risky fad diets were not endorsed, I felt that the nutrition education component was missing.

Later that day I wrote an e-mail to the Million Challenge team. I applauded their efforts and told them about Small Bites.

I am happy to report that this blog is now one of the website's diet and nutrition resources!

I hope anyone visiting from that website finds useful and practical information for achieving their weight-loss (and healthy eating) goals.

2 comments:

martalaura said...

Congratulations! This Blog should be listed. This Blog is always updated with accurate information and is written in a very entertaining manner.

Anonymous said...

I found you on the OKC diet website. Welcome! We'll offer you a warm Oklahoma welcome which unfortunately for your health includes smoked ribs, potatoes, cole slaw, garlic bread and 3 kinds of dessert. We'll love you to death. So, don't so you weren't warned!