January 9, 2008

Tea. Simply, Tea

Everyone has food quirks.

One of mine, for instance, is that while I often crave cold tea drinks, I am not a fan of hot tea (unless I am sipping a cup of green tea with my sushi).

Sadly, whenever I get the urge to drink a refreshing bottle of cold tea on-the-go, I am faced with various brands that pour in several teaspoons of sugar -- many times just as much as a can of Coke! -- into the mix.

Iton En's Teas' Tea saved me. Their line (Rose Green and Jasmine are my favorites) is completely sugar-free.

This does not mean they use artificial sweeteners or fancy euphemisms for sugar (i.e.: "evaporated cane juice crystals").

Quite simply, they allow the refreshing taste of tea to speak for itself.

The result? A zero-calorie, tasty alternative for people who would like a little variety from water.

By the way -- if you are ever in New York, stop by their beautiful flagship store on Madison Avenue for all your tea needs!

No comments: