January 4, 2008

FIber in a Flash

In the past, I have expressed my distaste at popular energy/protein bars, blasting their high levels of saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars (not to mention all the unnecessary extra calories they add to your day!)

Conversely, I have sung the praises of deliciously nutrition real food bars like Lara, Pure, and Clif Nectar.

I am now happy to grant the "Small Bites Seal of Approval" to gnu High Fiber Bars!

Apart from an impressive twelve grams of fiber, gnu bars provide 130-150 calories, 3 grams of fat, 0 grams of saturated and trans fats, and a practically non-existent 65 milligrams of sodium.

While being extremely pleasing to the palate certainly helps, they are also free of high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and nasty-tasting sugar alcohols.

PS: Their brand-new peanut butter flavor is my favorite!

No comments: