January 23, 2008

Would You Like Some Pizza On Your Fiber?

Despite living in New York City -- home of the much-talked-about Brooklyn pizza -- where I am two or three blocks away from a "by the slice" mom and pop pizza place at any given moment, I am a fan of my homemade pizzas.

I like tailoring the sauce to my own tastes, mixing in plenty of roasted garlic, oregano, pepper, and basil, and creating a wonderful aromatic blend.

Given my interest in nutrition and love of whole grains, my pizzas are always made with ready-made Rustic Crust Old World organic Great Grains whole grain pizza crusts.

The crispy, delicious flatbread is made entirely of whole grains and has a subtle olive flavor that adds to its appeal.

An entire pizza crust -- which can easily feed two or three -- boasts an amazing 35 grams of fiber and absolutely no added sugars, trans fats, or genetically modified ingredients.

Next time you're in the mood for some pizza, kiss the phone goodbye and say hello to your oven.

With a Small Bites approved organic Rustic Crust Old World Great Grains readymade pizza crust, some sauce, and cheese, you're a mere 10 minutes away from a delicious, healthy meal.

1 comment:

Bronwyn Schweigerdt said...

Hi Andy,

I just found your blog, and love it. Seems like you and I have much in common - especially that we're both credentialed nutritionists (or almost), yet don't buy all of what the "experts" are saying. I think you and I could bounce some good ideas off one another. Check out my nutrition blog when you have a minute.

Bronwyn Schweigerdt