April 3, 2008

Say What?: Oh, Kevin

It's been a while since I've written about our friend Kevin Trudeau.

Earlier today I leafed through his bestseller Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About and came across a truly eyebrow-raising sentence I had previously missed but had to share here.

In his chapter titled "Reading Food Labels", Trudeau briefly discusses the nutritional impact of home cooked meals versus prepackaged food.

Rather than discuss, say, higher sodium and fat amounts in ready-to-eat or frozen meals, Trudeau judges these two on how much love they offer.

Cooked food, he claims, allows you to put love into your food, whereas major food companies sell products "where no love has been added."

Okay, I guess I can kind of follow his train of thought.

I can see how someone might feel emotionally "better" eating something they conconcted in their kitchen, being familiar with the ingredients and "enjoying the fruits of their labor," so to speak.

It was the next sentence that I had to reread three times to make sure my eyes weren't playing a belated April Fool's joke on me:

"The energy a person adds to food by preparing it himself actually causes the electrons in the food to spin in different directions, causing a much healthier product for the body."

Maybe Trudeau got bored and decided to play Mad Libs while writing his book?

That's the only explanation I have for such far-fetched, faux-scientific ("insert the world electron to make it sound intelligent") ridiculousness.

No comments: