November 3, 2008

Numbers Game: "R" Rated Pizza

A pepperoni pizza off the Uno Chicago Grill's kids' menu contains _______ calories, _________ milligrams of sodium, and _____ grams of saturated fat.

(NOTE: The "12 and under" population this menu is intended for should consume no more than 2,000 milligrams of sodium and 17 grams of saturated fat a day.)

a) 800/2,060/18
b) 1,200/1,420/14

c) 650/1,900/10

d) 900/2,300/15


Leave your guess in the "comments" section and come back on Friday for the answer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

d? I would love to say it's c, or even none of the above because all of those stats are riduclous for a kids meal, but I know I'd be wrong. It's seriously shocking how horrible some foods are for you. I live in NYC so all food places are now required to post nutritional stats in clear view on their menus... from starbucks to mcdonalds... and can I say - good lord!

Pam said...

I'll go with c, because I'm hopeful, and that kids pizza is pretty dinky. :D I just checked my answer, and while I won't give it away, I am happy to know that UNO posts nutritional information online, and even has their website available in their restaurants. (next step, I hope, is having it printed on the actual menu) They may not offer the best choices (deep dish...YIKES) but, I sure appreciate having the knowledge available.

Anonymous said...

I'll go with A!

Anonymous said...

B