January 7, 2009

Thud, Thud, Thud...

Oh, don't mind me. That's the sound of my head hitting my desk repeatedly.

Why? Oh, I just found out about the latest diet book making the Internet rounds -- The Lemon Juice Diet.

Really? Yes. Really.

I'll let the publisher's description speak for itself.

"Instead of just suggesting dieters drink a concoction of lemon juice, cayenne, and maple syrup, The Lemon Juice Diet starts there and then integrates lemon juice into a healthier, easy to maintain, long-term plan. Lemon is a natural powerhouse; its great flavor makes it an easy addition to your diet and its low glycemic index provides a steady stream of energy, without the sugar high and subsequent crash we get from high GI foods."

Oh, it gets better: "Lemon juice, when taken regularly first thing in the morning, acts as a tonic to the liver and stimulates it to produce bile making it ready to digest the day's food."

Anyone else in favor of a 100-year moratorium on any diet plan that suggests any beverage that combines lemon juice with cayenne pepper?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I vote no more lemon juice cayenne combos for the next 100 eons. It's not that this type of diet/fast may not be beneficial, I just feel that so many of us are woefully unprepared for the rigors of programs such as the Master Cleanse.

As someone who has tried, hallucinated horribly, felt near death after only 36 hours, and promptly quit, I caution anyone about these fad cleanses and diets.

Thanks for The Lemon Juice Diet, folks, but many of us have already been there, done that!

-Anna M